Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Don't you forget about me

When I think about a movie that is timeless I think of The Breakfast Club. When something is timeless it means that it is not affected by the passage of time or change in fashion. Even though The Breakfast Club was released in 1985 I believe that it still relates to high school students of today. There will always be clicks in high school and depending on which one you belong to can define what stereo type that you will fall under. This movie shows five completely opposite high school students coming together after having to serve a Saturday detention. Everyone that has been through high school knows that there are stereo types. The five that are represented in this movie are criminal, brain, basket case, athlete, and princess. As the movie plays out you will see all the character begin to fall out of their stereo types, and by the end of the movie they leave with a better understand of their fellow classmates. Even though throughout the beginning of the movie they attack each other’s ways of life based on who they hangout with.   They then realize that they all have their own personal problems, and that you cannot “judge a book by its cover”. Having teenagers in high school watch this movie would hopeful make them see that everyone has a story and it is not fair to judge someone by who they are in school. I know for me after watching this movie I viewed the students around me in a different way. Just because someone looks a certain way does not mean they are a bad person, or that they are above you.



No comments:

Post a Comment