As we were talking about movie
sequels in my film class last Tuesday I got to thinking about some of my
favorite movies that had sequels. Sequels can be good or bad, but either way it
is a film company’s way of trying to bring in the big bucks at the box office.
When I think of a sequel that did not impress me was Home Alone 2, but one group of movies immediately came to mind when
I was thinking about successful sequels. The Pirates of the Caribbean movies I
believe were well made. Throughout these movies the viewer follows the
adventures that Captain Jack Sparrow encounters to stay alive. Johnny Depp, who
plays Captain Jack, makes it look almost fun to be a pirate. Also while
thinking how can someone get away from just about anything. I think that this
makes him easy to relate to because we all know someone in our lives that can get away
with doing just about anything. Not only does the first one offer romance,
thrill, and humor. All three of the ones following do in new and fun ways also.
The first movie Curse of the Black Pearl introduces
Captain Jack’s struggle as he attempts to regain his ship the Black Pearl. The
second movie is Dead Man’s Chest
which is more of a love story than the first, but still offers thrill and
humor. The third movie is On Strange
Tides, which pulls everything from the first two movies together. Then the
last one At World’s End finishes out
the movies by giving an ending to the first three. These movie are not all
exactly alike but they play off each other enough to everything understandable
and to keep you entertained.
No comments:
Post a Comment